Zubeida has over 30 years of management and consulting experience in the community, health care, social and settlement services sectors. She has supported numerous organizations in meeting their strategic goals. Her various engagements with programs have ranged from those at the initial conceptual and start-up phase, to those considering feasibility for expansion, to those who need strategic renewal and partnerships. Over the course of her career, she has valued the professional growth and learning from a highly diverse set of involvements, both in paid and volunteer capacities. In addition to co-founding and managing a long-standing consulting practice, Kappel Ramji Consulting Group, Zubeida has had key roles with Vancouver Health Department, Calgary Health Services, Toronto Public Health, Women’s College Hospital, CARE Centre for Internationally Educated Nurses and the Aga Khan Council for Canada.
Areas of expertise:
- Strategic & Organizational Reviews
- Strategic Planning
- Facilitating Change Initiatives
- Program Planning and Development
- Program Evaluation
- Community Based Action Research
Provided consulting services in:
- Women’s Services – for poor and under-housed women
- Violence Against Women Sector
- Settlement and Re-Settlement Services – for new immigrants and refugees
- HIV/AIDS organizations
- Mental Health
- Seniors’ Health
- Community Health – primary care, in-home services and public health
- Institutionally Health – acute and complex care
Addressing issues of equity and access for vulnerable populations, facilitating inclusive processes that allow for diverse ‘voices’ or inputs to inform decisions and building the capacities of teams, organizations and communities are core values underlying her approach.
Zubeida has a PhD in Nursing; her doctoral research focused on workplace integration of internationally educated nurses. She is a member of the College of Nurses of Ontario, Registered Nurses Association of Ontario and the Canadian Council of Health Leaders.